Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!!

We have never been big VDay people. The first couple ye
ars we went" all out", but it has tapered off dramatically. This dramatic tapering I speak of will be demonstrated CLEARLY in my recap of some of our Valentine's Day celebrations...

  • Our first Valentine's Day was very typical of seniors in high school. He got me red roses, a stuffed bear (I think), and a card. I really can't remember what I got him, but I am sure it was lame (Ha, oops). I specifically remember this year because I bought new black dress pants and a red, sparkly tube top to wear to dinner. Note to self: February 14th in the midwest is typically not a time to wear a cute little tube top. This year was no different. I froze my butt off!! Dinner was nice even if I had to wear my coat the entire time. :)
  • We continued our typical Vday celebrations with flowers, cards, stuffed animals, etc. For our 2nd or 3rd Vday together, I got him a red, stuffed bear that was holding a heart that says "I love you." I am not sure why I got him a stuffed animal; he definitely never got any use out of it. Not to worry, I soon became an indian-giver and took back the bear. It is the bear that I have slept with for the last 5 or 6 years. :)
  • When we were in college, we had NO money to celebrate Vday (this is where the tapering starts). One year, we decided to go the mucho cheapo route and go to Pizza Street. It's a pizza buffet in the KC area that only costs $3.49 for all you can eat (annoying jingle!!). Great idea, less than 10 bucks and we were celebrating Vday. Yeah, great idea until you get there to realize it is "kids eat free night." That was miserable. Needless to say it was not the most romantic Vday.
  • Now, jumping to this year. Here is what I got my husband for our first Valentine's Day as husband and wife
30 of 'em. Cans even. So classy and romantic. He loved it though. :)

I hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day with their loved ones. Have a great day and a wonderful weekend!!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Beer is a great gift! Brad would probably rather get that!