Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Sweet Sixteen

As promised, I am sharing my bracket. Now that it is down to 16 teams, it seems a bit more manageable to break it down into my two brackets.

**Italicized teams are the ones that are out of the tournament, but I have to be truthful about my bracket.

From my 1st/best bracket:
Louisville
Utah
KU
Michigan State
UConn
Washington
Mizzou (duh!)
Memphis
Pitt
Florida State
Villanova
Duke
North Carolina
Gonzaga
Syracuse
Oklahoma


And my 2nd/awful bracket:
Siena
Utah
West Virginia
Michigan State
UConn
Purdue
Mizzou (duh!)
Memphis
Pitt
Wisconsin
UCLA
Texas
North Carolina
Western Kentucky
Syracuse
Oklahoma

Eeek, that's a lot of italics on my 2nd bracket. In fact, my 2nd bracket is tied for last place in my work pool - out of about 100 brackets. Awful!

Mizzou takes on Memphis tonight at 2030 central time. I got my shift switched so I will be home (hopefully) right at tip off. I am super excited and really hope they play well enough to make it to the elite eight.

I have to be completely honest though - in my good (#1) bracket, I have them losing to Memphis. I know, horrible fan. BUT, money is on the line here so I have to be smart about it. And I have witness how hit and miss Mizzou has been this either.

Either way, GO TIGERS!!





3 comments:

Angie said...

I'll admit that I picked Missou to lose to Memphis! But being a Big 12girl myself, I'll be cheering for Missouri the rest of the way. (We never cheer for Kansas).

Katie said...

Good girl keeping Michigan State in :)

Lynsey Kaye said...

Ha, Katie I figured I would get a reaction from you for that pick. I definitely had to pick them over KU!! :)