Tuesday, May 4, 2010

30 day shred...day 1.

One of my new year's resolutions was the complete the 30 day shred (30DS) by June 1st. I did day one yesterday so I won't be finishing by June 1st. I am, however, able to finish by our 2nd anniversary on June 7th. So hopefully I can stick to it an finish by then.

As I said in my resolutions post - when I finish the 30DS I can get a new pair of jeans or two. I desperately need new jeans. Hopefully shopping for jeans will be a bit more enjoyable after the 30DS. I am hoping to fit into a size comfortably and not in between sizes.

So day 1 of the shred....
During the workout I got pretty tired a couple of times. Most of the time, I was able to keep up without any of the modified versions of things. I expected this though. I am an athlete so I never have to do modified versions of work outs. I did lose my breath a couple of times so I did the modified for a couple of reps.

I had to use Progressive (or Progresso...I never know which is soup and which is car insurance) soup cans for upper body lifts. So my upper body probably did not get work out that my lower body did. I have a trip to walmart planned for today to pick up some free weights.

Today I will do day 2 and I am SORE. My calfs (or is it calves too for muscles?) are very sore (?). My butt and legs are super sore also - squatting, forward lunges, and side lunges. I am anxious to do day 2 to see if these sore muscles are going to slow me down.

I will keep my blog updated as I continue on the the 30DS. Lord knows I need something to blog about. I plan to take before and after pictures as well. Unfortunately, my camera isn't working today so my before pictures might be a couple of days into the program (I doubt it will make that much difference).

Have you done the 30DS? Did you stick with it? Success? Are you or have you done any other work out program somewhat similar?

No comments: