Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy holidays!

I hope that everyone is enjoying their holiday season. Justin and I had a great Christmas with our families. Hopefully it is our last one that we have to drive from KC to Columbia. *fingers crossed*

We both had to work Christmas eve (2-1030 for me and 830p-7a for him). That's just the joy of being hospital employees. We drove home after Justin got off work on Friday morning. The drive was not fun - it was through a snow storm. We made it though.

The entire weekend was BUSY. We had about 6 different Christmases with different families. Unfortunately, for us, the holidays means lots of running around to different places. We never get to spend as much time with each family as we would like.

I just have a few key points from this holiday....

1. I drove about 80 miles through a snow storm down i-70 on Friday morning. For anyone that knows me or my mom - you know that is a MAJOR accomplishment. I absolutely hate driving in the snow. I freak out.

2. Oreo balls are my new favorite thing. I am trying to figure out how I made it this far in my life without discovering them.

3. Board games with the family might be my absolute favorite thing to do. Board games with anyone, really. I love them. Apples to apples, Taboo, Catch Phrase, Guestures...any of them. We had a big (12 person), 2 hour game of Guestures on Friday night. That was a blast!

Again, I hope that everyone has had a great holiday season. You may (or may not) be pleased to find out that one of my new year's resolutions is to blog at least 3 times a week. I might need anyone who reads this to hold me to it. Feel free to ask questions in the comments on topics that you might want me to talk about.

From the Foster's, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

4 comments:

Cheerful Homemaker said...

70 wasn't too bad on Saturday when we came back. It was still snowing, though. If the weather is this bad next year, we're going to stay in IL and have a nice Christmas at home.

Molly said...

I love games! We played a ton of Catch Phrase with my fam over Christmas. Apples is fun too, but my new favorite to play with friends (simply because it can turn inappropriate fast) is The Game of Things...it's hilarious and I highly recommend it!

Kathryn said...

We were in Columbia for Christmas too....and I can't imagine driving on 70 in that storm!

And yes Oreo balls are the bomb.

Happy New Year!

Queen of Quirky said...

Hi! Found your blog on the knot.com KC site. Love it. Do you have a place with more info about your wedding/pictures? E-mail queenofquirky@gmail.com.