Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Treadmill peeker...

I love checking out people's running blogs as I am becoming more of a runner everyday. They are very inspiring and informative.

More than that, I find myself comparing my times, weight, work outs, etc. to these bloggers. And 9 times out of 10, I am slower and work out less than these people. To everyone but me, that makes sense. They are true runners with running blogs. I am just getting started. Of course they are running faster and longer than me.

As I was reading a new blog that I found about a runner - I discovered a new way that I compare myself to others. I am a treadmill peeker. If there is someone running on the treadmill next to me, I check out how fast they are going, for how long they are running, and the distance they have ran. I totally compare my stats to theirs.

I always feel a little competitive when I am treadmill peeking. If they are running faster than me, I feel defeated. It's a ridiculous. I have tried to break myself of this habit. But, as soon as a I go on a little break from treadmill peeking - I glance over and see that I am running faster than the person next to me. That's a win for me...so it perpetuates the cycle.

So that's it...I am a treadmill peeker. And I am pretty sure I always will be. It's just a part of my competitive nature.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it