Sunday, September 25, 2011

Plan for the week 9/26-10/2

All right so I mentioned that I was going to start posting weekly plans...ummm, starting last week. Oops. So let's try this week. Of course this isn't the best week to start as we will be out of town Friday through Monday to visit friends. I am hoping to get 5-6 miles in while I am there, but I'm certainly not going to beat myself up if I don't get that.

Monday - Speed work* 5x400 @ 5k pace, AB lab class at the gym (basically 15 min core work)
Tuesday - 3.5 mile run, Body Pump class at the gym to follow
Wednesday - 60 min spin class at the gym (this is at 0530, so if this doesn't happen then some sort of cross training will happen that morning)
Thursday - 7 mile long run (doing this Thursday morning since it won't happen over the weekend)
Friday-Sunday - with any luck 5-6 miles over those days. :)

Not only did I type this out for all of the internets to view - I also have it pinned on the fridge. Let's hope this helps me get out of bed in the mornings.

*This will be my first attempt at speed work. I am going to do it on the treadmill (so I'm at the gym for that ab lab class). I assume it's probably better on the track, but I don't see myself making the time to drive to the track, drive the gym, and then home to be ready for work.

No comments: